I am always looking for new recipes and challenges so I decided to give it a try. Let's just say the first time was not a success. Lacked flavor.
This time I found a recipe to go off of and tweaked it to fit my preferences. But it was a definite hit and we cook it frequently.
The original recipe is as follows...
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic cloves
1/3 cup onion finely chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles (dry)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
I nixed the zucchini. Not a fan. And added in tomatoes instead.
1. Chop garlic and onions. slice raw chicken into bite-size pieces.
3. While chicken is cooking, boil spaghetti noodles and chop pepper and zucchini.
4. When chicken is cooked, add peppers and zucchini along with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and simmer.
6. Add one more tbsp balsamic vinegar and simmer.
*THis was pre-new camera so apologize for the quality of the pics