When it comes time for a new season, it can be easy to think there isn't a lot of wiggle room in that budget for an update. I've discovered that isn't the case. I CAN still look fabulous on a budget, but it does mean I won't be seen anytime soon sporting the new spring line of Michael Kors or wearing Ray Bans on this face.One day, future milf self. One day. But for now, I have found all the best alternatives.
So fret not, my saving gals, here is how to update your spring wardrobe even when on a budget.
1. Charlotte Russe-Wedge shoes $36 It isn't spring without pulling out the wedge sandals and letting those toes breathe. These are one of my favorite pairs with the triple buckle.
2. Body Central-Cross purse $19 This turquoise purse breaks the molds of the winter black purse. It has a spring color of pastel and can even fool enyone into believing you paid a lot more for it.
3.Target-Mossimo Basic Tee $12 These tees come in a lot of colors and can be worked into any outfit. Under a blazer, by themselves, with a statement necklace, the options are endless and the price is right to by more than 1 in every color.
4. Target-Mossimo® Women's Tulip Maxi Skirt $20 It's pretty much a rule to break out the maxi skirt or dress once the weather starts warming up. This one has twist with a tulip slit in the front to really show off those flip flops. Or if you're short like me, the slit helps it be wearable for you too. My short gals know what I'm talking about.
5. The Red Dress Boutique-To Catch A Husband Tunic-Orchid $39 The color! Just makes your eyes pop and I am in LOVE. We are all tired of the snow, winter, winter coats and boots, what could say welcome to spring than this fabulous tunic?
6. Target-Mossimo skinny jeans $30 The boyfriend jean. I bought my first pair last spring and went and bought 2 more pairs. They are so comfortable and versatile to dress up with wedges, booties or flats. You cannot go wrong with Target denim.
7. Body Central-Khaki Blazer $30 It seems winter just keeps lingering on, so we probably won't be able to jump into tees by themselves just yet. This is the perfect transition piece until we can. Can be thrown over the tees and paired with boyfriend jeans.
8. Charlotte Russe-Aviator sunglasses $5 Perfect for those selfies. And has a little glam on the side to really make them unique. The price tag fits my budget just in case I sit on them or lose them, which is where most of my sunglasses end up.
9. The Red Dress Boutique-Happy Tears Necklace Bubblegum $28 Statement necklaces are everywhere lately and this one, bubblegum, says sweet spring. It would be perfect with a white tee or aqua dress.
10. Forever 21-Love 21 skinny jeans $16 Everybody needs colored skinny jeans. It breaks up the monotony of blue denim. Give your wardrobe a splash when you are having those " Why won't winter just end?" blues. I have a pair in bright pink that I am itching to break out
If you are on a budget, don't think you can't dress fabulously. And be sure to show your significant other just how great the prices are. I mean, it's pretty much a steal from those other $298 jeans, right?
Know of any other budget friendly spring wardrobe picks?